- Welcome Day
- Student Life and Leadership
- Institutional Equity and Student Engagement
- Student Leadership Council
- Student Resources
- Voter Registration Information
- Clubs & Co-Curricular Programs
- Diversity Achievement Center
- Diversity, Inclusion, Discrimination and Harassement
- Diversity, Disability Accommodations, Inclusiveness
- Reading, Resources & Media
- Unity Celebration
- Undocumented and DACA Resources
- Values Inclusion and Cultural Engagement Council
- Art Gallery
- The Commuter
- LBCC Student Email
- Performing Arts
- Russell Tripp Performance Center
- Outdoor Activities
- LBCC Apps
Institutional Equity and Student Engagement
"The best way to learn something
is by talking with someone who disagrees with us."
~ past Secretary of Labor Robert Reich
The primary objective of IESE is to prepare LBCC’s students, staff, faculty and managers—as well as the communities in which we live—for an increasingly diverse society and workforce. Central to IESE are the skills, abilities, development, and recognition that—to succeed in today’s world—individuals need to become more fluent across cultures. Also critical is the ability to competently weave in and out of cultures—be they home, academic, cultural or professional. The IESE leads and facilitates a broad scope of the work occurring at LBCC and in the broader community, as well as recommending how and where the work gets done.
The effort to bring diversity, cultural fluency and richness—in addition to inclusion, equity and engagement—to the fore at LBCC is vital, given how globally diverse the region is becoming. Demographic shifts and technology have shrunk the world and are increasing the demand for culturally fluent individuals in the workforce, on campus and in the classroom. This work—encapsulated by equity and student engagement—means that everyone has a stake in fostering a learning/work environment where everyone is challenged to become more globally prepared.
As the department name implies, IESE’s primary areas of focus are:
- Institutional Equity: Completion for all students is an institutional strategic goal.
- Diversity: Everyone brings uniqueness with them to LBCC.
- Inclusion: One of LBCC’s five values.
- Student Engagement: Actively engaged students are more successful students.
- Students: As extensions of the IESE department, the Diversity Achievement Center and Student Leadership Council are anchors for students to connect, participate and learn.
- Staff: The IESEI supports LBCC’s staff by providing professional development opportunities for better outcomes.
- Faculty: In an effort to support our faculty, IESE offers co-curricular learning to complement classroom excellence.
- Management: Together, structural issues are addressed to improve cultural richness and equity outcomes.
- Community: The IESE engages the community to bring cohesion and unity around issues of inclusion.
Linn-Benton Community College
Dept. of Institutional Equity & Student Engagement
6500 Pacific Blvd. SW, Forum-220
Albany, OR 97321
E-mail the director at: firstname.lastname@example.org